Straight up, there is no point in doing any marketing if you aren’t going to track how effective the marketing is for your business. That’s like putting on a blindfold and shooting an arrow at a target, just hoping you might hit it. You’ll never know unless you can clearly see what target you are supposed to be hitting. That’s why it’s vital to know what measurement you have to track in order to use your marketing budget wisely.
- Traffic. You have to know how many people are coming to your website (or into your store) in order to know if your marketing is effective. If your traffic goes up after your campaign, then you know the marketing worked and you can tell exactly how well it did.
- Conversion rates. Once you know how many people you’re getting to your website, you need to know how many of them your are turning into customers. If you aren’t converting well, you need to figure out why. That’s when you should take a look at your landing pages and see if the copy, or design, needs to be refined.
- Unique visitors. Let’s say you are getting 1000 visits a day to your website or landing page. You want to know if that’s 1000 different visitor, or one person looking 1000 times. Naturally, the more unique visitors you have, the better reach you are getting.
- Bounce Rate.This tells you how often someone comes to your site and then leaves without looking at any further pages. If you have a high bounce rate, you will need to revise the copy, or the design, to make more appealing and engaging to your prospective clients.
- Keyword Ranking. This is important for search engine optimization, and getting found by your prospective clients. The higher you rank on a keyword, the easier it is for your customers to find you.
- External Referrals. Basically these are backlinks to your website from other sources. This is important because it helps to build trust and visibility. You do want to make sure this is done organically. Buying a bunch of backlinks can get you blacklisted on the search engines.
This can be a little overwhelming if you’ve never tracked metrics before, but this black and white data let’s you know exactly how good you are doing with advancing the success of your business. If you need a little help with it, we would be happy to chat with you. Just click here to get in touch.